2015 Girls Junior Programs
All Girls programs coached personally by Carrie Vaughan are run through the Glen Abbey Golf Academy in Oakville, ON. The Glen Abbey academy is proud to be one of Canada’s first certified Junior Golf Developmental Centres and the only one in Oakville. Carrie offers programs for girls of all ages and skill levels that take girls from the playground to the podium.
Girls can start to learn the game from the age of 4 years old to 18 years old under the watchful eye of Coach Carrie. In partnership with Golf Canada, Golf Association of Ontario and The PGA of Canada, Carrie has developed into one of Canada’s top female junior girls coaches. The future of girls golf in Ontario looks bright.
Competitive Girls Coaching Program
The Competitive program is designed to help athletes develop their skills and prepare them for junior competitions. The majority of our players are striving to play college golf in the future. Our goal is to prepare them to be highly skilled, independent and well-rounded golfers by the time they graduate from high school. U19 players are typically aged 15-18.
The program includes:
- Private Lessons- one on one coaching to be booked
- Practice privileges at Glen Abbey
- Physical coaching guidance
- Mental coaching sessions
- Nutrition sessions
- Email & phone support – ongoing
- Goal setting sessions – Pre season – mid – post
- Tournament preparation – practice rounds /yardages books
- Supervised practice rounds for select events- Ontario Junior & Canadian Championship
- Tournament support at select events
- Player progress reports – 3 reports
- Skill testing and evaluation- Trackman
- College preparation session and support
- Access to the Taylor Made Matt center
- Taylor Made Player Package – team bag, shirt, hat and discount on product.
Note: If you are interested in learning more about this program, contact Carrie Directly to set up a one on one interview.
New Competitor Programs ( 10 years old )
The New competitor program is designed for your girls aged 10 to 14 years old with previous golf experience & instruction looking for a more comprehensive coaching program exposing athletes to more advanced principles and introductory level competition. The players in this program will be introduced to the competition in a safe & friendly atmosphere with the option to move into a more serious competitive field . This programs offers both seasonal and yearly coaching.
- Proper fundamentals of the golf swing, Proper practice, Short game skills, Course management
- Rules & Scoring, Proper etiquette
- 12, 2 hour group training sessions,
- 4 on course coaching sessions at Rattler Academy Course,
- One private lesson per month.
- Introduction to Competition , Tournament scheduling
- Team Bag, team shirt
- Year ending Awards Banquet
Golf Season Programs offered on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday starting May to Aug.
Off season : Dec to March 2014/2015 – Thursday 7 pm to 9pm
Girls Program (7 to 10 years old)
Future Links Programs – ( ages 4 to 15 years old )
The girls only Future links programs are design to introduce the game of golf in a fun and safe environment and support an active lifestyle. Emphasis in this program is on body movement, balance , coordination and fun.
This programs introduces a life time sport with lots of giggles.
- The girls in these program will learn the game from the first hole back to the tee covering all the basics on putting & chipping.
- Proper ‘FUN’damentals of golf will be introduced : Grip, Posture, Balance, Alignment, Fun and Simple Instruction!
- Two on course session at the Academy Course at RattleSnake Point Golf Club
- Students must have their own clubs
- Six students maximum
Little Linksters (4- 6 years old)
Download Little Swingers PDF
Golf season Program Offered: May to Aug -Saturdays
Winter months programs Offered: Dec to March – Sunday